ii. Product Feasibility Advisory
Feasibility study–An insightful assessment of the cost, market and time feasibility for the project which in turn would help you analyse the viability of your requirement. Bill of Materials (BOM)– A robust mechanism called the ‘Bill of Materials (BOM)’, which is a pivotal source of information used to design a product. It includes an elaborate list of parts, assemblies, components and quantities needed for the design of a product. Technical Feasibility Study – A well designed technical feasibility study that would assess all aspects of the technology to be used and estimate the technical requirements of the project.
iii. Product Design and Development
Hardware Design (Board, FPGA) - Gemicates approaches the Board design in a robust manner. At each stage, the key requirements are validated – Performance, Power, Area, Cost, Availability, Manufacturability. Detailed reviews are carried out before moving to the next stage. BSP/Device Drivers – Seamless integration of Board support package (BSP) to implement specific support codes for a specific device, which acts as an interface to the device drivers. Embedded Software – Specialized programming on firmware, in an embedded device, that enables us to control the functions of various hardware devices. System Integration – Systematic aggregation of all the component sub systems into one common system and ensuring that they function together as one. Enclosure Design - Experienced and well trained staff to provide customized and aesthetic enclosures. Prototyping – Rapid prototyping services for quick proof of concept
iv. Quality Assurance and Compliance
Product Testing – Seamless product testing for unmatched product design quality. Interoperability & Certification Testing – Technical compatibility of the product to interoperate between devices efficiently. Compliance & Certification Support – Compliance of the product with technical standards and ensuring appropriate certifications
v. Manufacturing and Support
BOM Estimation & Optimization – Optimize your expenses, by the right selection of electronic components, raw materials, assemblies and their respective quantities Collaboration with Suppliers/OEMs – Strong network of Suppliers and OEMs, that provide cost effective solutions that help us to remain competitive. Test Automation Support – Enables efficient and continuous testing , that in turn helps in enhancement of product quality
vi. Product Sustenance
Technical Support - Effective and efficient technical support services through intelligent product sustenance engineering solutions EOL Sustenance – End of life product sustenance to provide and augment the value of the product design Cost Optimization – Holistic approach towards cost optimization across the product design life cycle Localization – Utilizing electronic components that can be reused for smooth upgrades and scalability Re-engineering - Ensuring smart product designs that can be enhanced with time and prevent it from becoming obsolete Green Compliance – Environmental compliance through sustainable components and materials, adhering to the innovative green designs for end to end product design and development
At each stage of product design and development, the key requirements are validated – Performance, Power, Area, Cost, Availability and the ability to manufacture. Detailed reviews are carried out before moving to the next stage.
- Key Component Identification: Much of the initial phase is spent on identifying the right fit of the key parts like CPU, peripherals like Modems, Wireless modules, Glue logic (FPGA, CPLD).
- Schematics Design: The components selected are connected together in a hierarchical method to prepare a very easy-to-understand and readable circuit diagram. Depending upon client requirement, the schematics are captured in tools such as Orcad, Altium, Kicad etc.
- PCB Layout: The components are now moved to the physical domain where the components are placed and routed. Again, we choose the optimum approach of deciding on the number of layers required for the board, to be cost-effective. We can offer various tools like Allegro, Kicad, Pads etc. Our designers understand the challenges in Signal Integrity, High speed design and use the best practices to minimize design iterations. One of the key aspects to minimize spins is a proper electro-mechanical co-design, to ensure that the PCB is fitting well in the planned enclosure.
- Prototype Board Bring-up: Our in-house prototype team manages the sourcing of parts and PCBs and the assembly of first few PCBAs. Complex parts like BGA, QFN are assembled at our partner facilities. After assembly, the board is tested in a systematic manner to ensure all parts are exercised and verified for expected operation. Key measurements at the hardware level in terms of power consumption, battery charging performance etc are recorded and verified against expected output.
Board Design Highlights
- Microcontroller, Analog, RF, FPGA
- Platforms : Microchip PIC18/24/32, TI-Tiva, pSoC, ARM9, AM335x, 8051, AVR ...
- Critical review process to minimize design spins to control time and costs
- In-house prototyping team to handle sourcing and assembly
- DFx : Design for Performance, cost, testability, manufacturability
- Complexity: upto 16 layers, BGAs, High speed DDR, RF, SI and cross-talk
To the academic world, we will help students realize their ambition of becoming good engineers for the industry, in their final years of education.
We will provide the right tools, training and hands-on project to enable the students to be "industry-ready"